Saturday, November 11, 2006

Transcend all barriers to growth

A Transcendendal Journey

There was a great deal of excitement that day. And something within my heart told me that the excitement has just begun. I had taken a decision to go and meet a person I did not know about a few hours ago.

The drive from Delhi to Dehradoon took about four hours. I was very eager to reach before its late night as I wanted to meet him. I reached his cottage at eight PM. The outside had a mystic charm about it. I was not sure whether its an appropriate time to ring the bell and disturb the serenity of the place. I could not resist though.

In a few minutes, he appeared. I felt drawn to him. He had an aura of peace and happiness.
He told me that he was about to retire for the night and I could come in for a few minutes. He said that the only reason people meet is because they are meant to meet. It was a profound statement and I was happy that he welcomed me.

As I went Inside, he got a glass of milk for me. Having the milk seemed to soothe my nerves.
He asked me what was the reason for my visit. I told him that I was having problems with meditation...and that I saw darkness whenever I sat down to meditate. He asked me how did I know that he had the answers to my problem. The words which came out of my mouth surprised me : ''Who else but an enlightened soul like you has the answer?" and he asked me with his mystic smile : "How do you know that I am an enlightened soul?"
I said that my intuition is telling me that. He smiled at the answer and there was a brief moment of silence. What he said after that took me by surprise : "Only an enlightened soul can recognise an enlightened soul"

After that, he said its time for him to retire and asked me to meet him in the morning.

To be contd.

No comments: